The SimplyE Library Registry is a service provided by the New York Public Library on behalf of the participants in the SimplyE project. The Library Registry serves two primary purposes: as a discovery tool to help patrons find their local participating library in the iOS and Android SimplyE apps, and as a central authority registering the various Circulation Manager servers, providing Adobe digital rights management (DRM) capabilities enabling access to encrypted commercial ebook resources.
- If not logged in, log in to the Admin interface and click the System Configuration item in the top menu bar.
- Click the Discovery sidebar item.
- In versions 2.2.8 or lower you will see an initial discovery item with no title; this will be an integration that enables registration of libraries with NYPL's Library Registry server
- In version 2.2.9 you will see ...
- Click the Edit button to the left of the listed discovery item.
- A discovery configuration screen will be displayed with a sub-form Register libraries
All libraries configured in the Circulation Manager will be list in the sub-form with their current registration status.
- Click the Register button to the right of the library name which you would like to register with NYPL for access to its Adobe ID server.
- If the registration process is successful, a status indicator with a green background will show the library is 'Registered'.
- If the process is unsuccessful for any reason, you will see an error displayed in red, as shown below: