- Improve user experience for patrons new to SimplyE (user On-boarding and app orientation)
- Improve user experience connecting patrons to their respective library (library discovery and registry support)
Background and strategic fit
Strategic alignment goal to improve user ratings and grow adoption
SIMPLY-120Getting issue details...
- As a product manager I want libraries who deploy simplyE middleware or publish compatible OPDS catalogs to be able to have their collection easily discovered and their users easily connect to that library in the mobile clients
- As an engineer, I want the app to be able to be able to dynamically find libraries with circ managers it can connect users to so I don't have to build and release new versions of the app for each new library.
Libraries will need to register through the circulation admin panel their library
Institutions that run compatible OPDS catalogs need a way to be discoverable in the app
SIMPLY-54Getting issue details...
- As a user I want to explore what libraries use SimplyE and add them to my app.
- As a user I want to find libraries near me
- As a user I want to add my libraries to one app.
- As a library I want to communicate my brand to SimplyE users who could be a member of my library.
- As a nonprofit interested in providing access to the ebooks I want my collection in SimplyE.
|Must have||Mere location is good for connecting people to their local library. However, for libraries that are not geographically bound, geolocation may add to many libraries to the result list or eliminate users from exploring and discovering new libraries.|
User interaction and design
To be developed
Below is a list of questions to be addressed as a result of this requirements document: